T-5R vs 850R detail differences
As mentioned previously, the 850R and T5-R are very, very similar cars.
The main differences are as follows:
T5-R Limited Edition
- B5234T5 engine with 240bhp, 221 lb/ft (manual or auto)
- 0-62 mph 6.9 seconds (man) 7.6 (auto)
- 17x7 Titan wheels
- Leather & alcantara interior trim (leather on centre panels, alcantara on bolsters).
- Available in Cream Yellow (paint code 607), Black Stone (code 019) and Olive Green (code 421).
- Rear spoiler optional on estate.
- £29,360 (saloon), £30,400 (estate) as at June 1995
- B5234T4 engine with 250bhp, 258lb/ft (manual gearbox) or B5234T5 engine with 240bhp, 243lb/ft (automatic gearbox). Later the B5234T3 replaces both - see Technical Release below
- 0-62 mph 6.7 seconds (man), 7.5 (auto)
- 17x7 Volans wheels
- Leather & alcantara interior trim (alcantara on centre panels, leather on bolsters)
- Available in Bright Red (code 609), Black Stone (code 019), Dark Grey (code 427), Olive Green (code 421), Turquoise (code 422), and Polar White (code 189)
- Rear spoiler (with dark trailing edge on saloon boot spoiler) standard.
- £32,000 (saloon or estate)
As an aside, the B5234T3 became the standard fitment to the S70 T5 when it replaced the 850 T5 in 1997.